Applied Mind Inc. is a Canadian start-up company developing disruptive wireless sensor technology for the security sector. At the heart of our solution is Hyperion, our Software Defined Radio (SDR) platform. We are developing a state of the art wireless sensor platform to disrupt the usage of illegal wireless devices within correctional institutions.
We are currently recruiting for a Junior Backend/Embedded Developer. As a member of the team you will work directly with the company founders on developing the backend applications for the product. As part of a small company you will have ample opportunity to grow and challenge yourself.
If being a part of a start-up company with all of the challenges and opportunities it brings, we’d love to hear from you.
What we require from you…
- Degree from a relevant post-secondary institution program
- Experience with Rust, and/or Python
- Experience with version control and issue trackers (ie. GitLab)
- Motivated, energetic, a quick learner, able to work independently with minimal direction
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills for a remote work environment
- Ability to pass Royal Canadian Mounted Police background check
- Ability to pass Enhanced Reliability Check with the Canadian Government
- Ability to effectively work remotely
What we would consider an asset…
- Experience with multi-threaded/multi-processing programming
- Experience with embedded software development
- Experience with embedded systems
- Experience working with wireless technologies (eg. WiFi, BLE, etc.)
- Experience with SQL and/or NoSQL databases
- Experience with Node.js, Electron, and Vue.js
Applied Mind is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you feel you have what it takes to join the Applied Mind team, email your resume to email@example.com