Applied Mind Inc. is a Canadian start-up company developing disruptive wireless sensor technology for the security sector. At the heart of our solution is Hyperion, our Software Defined Radio (SDR) platform. We are developing a state of the art wireless sensor platform to disrupt the usage of illegal wireless devices within correctional institutions.
We are seeking a Junior Hardware Developer to work directly with the company founders on our Hyperion Software Defined Radio (SDR) platform. We are increasing our staffing levels as we have a contract with the Canadian government to develop an array of sensors using Hyperion. As the Junior Hardware Developer you will be involved in all steps from Design to Deployment. This is an excellent opportunity to jump start your career with exposure to all aspects of Hardware design and to have a major impact on our company’s success.
If being a part of a start-up company with all of the challenges and opportunities it brings, we’d love to hear from you.
What we require from you…
- Bachelors of Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Solid foundation in fundamentals of electrical engineering
- Motivated, energetic, a quick learner, able to work independently with minimal direction
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills for a remote work environment
- Ability to pass Royal Canadian Mounted Police background check
- Ability to effectively work remotely
What we would consider an asset…
- Experience with Eagle or Kicad CAD software
- Experience writing and debugging low level embedded software
- Experience in design and test of RF circuitry
Applied Mind is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you feel you have what it takes to join the Applied Mind team, email your resume to email@example.com